AN OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN OUR TEAM AT
THE SUNDAY TIMES SIXTH FORM COLLEGE OF THE YEAR 2015/16
Required for September 2017
Full-time, permanent (40 hours per week, term time plus three weeks)
Salary up to £25,000 pro rata depending on qualifications, skills an experience
London Academy of Excellence (LAE) is seeking to recruit a science technician to provide a laboratory and technical support for the science department. LAE is an ambitious, academically selective sixth form in the heart of Stratford, close to the Olympic Park and just two minutes from Stratford station (now zone 2/3), with excellent links to all parts of London.
In 2016 LAE secured outstanding A level results. 86% of A level grades were A*, A or B and half of all grades were A* or A. The school is heavily oversubscribed with more than 2500 applications each year. This year, a record number of twenty of our sixth formers have offers of places at the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge, including three to study English Literature.
We seek a science technician committed to high academic standards with an ability to communicate to young people an enthusiasm for Science. A teaching qualification is not required for this post, but a passion and aptitude for this subject is essential.
- To provide a laboratory and technical support for Science teaching
- To provide guidance and support in meeting the practical requirements of the science curriculum, including liaising with all areas of the school, and outside agencies.
- To promoting and observe a healthy and safe working environment for the Science Departments.
- To ensure the Science team is resourced, organised and developed to meet the performance standards required by the department.
- To maintain the labs and prep rooms and their contents
What LAE can offer you:
- a regular high-quality continuous professional development and support;
- a modern and positive learning environment minutes from the Olympic Park and Stratford Station;
- collaborative working with our partner schools such as Brighton College, Highgate School and Eton College;
How to apply?
Please submit a covering letter of no more than one side of A4 together with a CV and the LAE application form to: email@example.com by:
Application deadline: 9 a.m. on Thursday 22 June 2017.
For more information, please contact Doreen Agbodo, Business Director on 020 3301 1480 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The London Academy of Excellence is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to this post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.