Graduate Teaching Assistant x 3
Graduate Teaching Assistants X3 (biology, economics, mathematics)
Fixed term: September 2021 – June 2022
0.2FTE / 1 day per week
£15 per hour
London Academy of Excellence (LAE) is seeking to recruit four inspirational and academically successful graduates to work in this ambitious, selective sixth form. LAE is in an outstanding, heavily oversubscribed school located in the heart of Stratford, close to the Olympic Park and just two minutes from Stratford Station (zone 2/3), with excellent links to all parts of London.
In 2020, LAE again secured outstanding A level results. 96% of grades were A*, A or B and 73% of all grades were A* or A. 200+ students progressed to Russell Group universities, including 33 to the universities of Oxford and Cambridge. Our average grade was an A+ and our ALPS 1 value-added score places us in the top 1% of schools nationally for progress. We are delighted to have achieved the best A-level results in east London for five consecutive years.
We seek one graduate teaching assistant in each of the following subjects: economics, biology, and mathematics. The successful candidates will support the department with the delivery of the A-level curriculum to promote high standards of academic attainment and progression to competitive universities for sixth formers. If selected, you will be leading intervention classes, designing classroom resources, providing support for students and staff, as well as contributing to the marking of assessments and exams.
LAE can offer you:
- The opportunity to gain experience of working with young people in one of the country’s leading sixth form schools.
- A culture of professional trust and collegiate working that promotes autonomy, innovation, and rigour.
- Access to an outstanding package of regular, high-quality continuous professional development and support.
- A modern and positive learning environment minutes from the Olympic Park and Stratford Station.
- Collaborative working with our world-class partner schools: Brighton College, Caterham School, Eton College, Forest School, Highgate School and UCS Hampstead.
- Access to a Cycle Scheme, Tech Scheme, and discounted local gym membership.
LAE is a diverse and inclusive school, committed to supporting staff and students to be themselves and succeed on merit.
How to apply?
Please submit a concise supporting statement together with the application form via the TES online portal no later than 9.00am on Monday, 20 September 2021.
LAE will interview as applications are received and reserves the right to appoint ahead of the deadline. For more information, please contact James Kane, Assistant Head: firstname.lastname@example.org