Assistant Head (Academic)
Assistant Head (Academic)
Required for September 2021
Salary up to £52,403 - £58,691 depending on skills, qualifications, and experience
Full time, permanent
London Academy of Excellence (LAE) is seeking to recruit an outstanding individual to join the leadership team of this ambitious, selective sixth form. LAE is in an outstanding, heavily oversubscribed school located in the heart of Stratford, close to the Olympic Park and just two minutes from Stratford Station (zone 2/3), with excellent links to all parts of London.
In 2020, LAE again secured outstanding A level results. 96% of grades were A*, A or B and 73% of all grades were A* or A. 200+ students progressed to Russell Group universities, including 33 to the universities of Oxford and Cambridge. Our average grade was an A+ and our ALPS 1 value-added score places us in the top 1% of schools nationally for progress. We are delighted to have achieved the best A-level results in east London for five consecutive years.
We seek a well-qualified and experienced person to work closely with the Deputy Head (Academic) to ensure that all students fulfil their potential by achieving exceptional A-Level results and university offers. Key responsibilities of the post include leadership of our Oxford & Cambridge admission programme, careers and employability, and provision for SEND students.
LAE can offer you:
- The opportunity to gain experience of teaching and working with young people in one of the country’s leading sixth form schools.
- A culture of professional trust and collegiate working that promotes autonomy, innovation, and rigour.
- Access to an outstanding package of regular, high-quality continuous professional development and support.
- A modern and positive learning environment minutes from the Olympic Park and Stratford Station.
- Collaborative working with our world-class partner schools: Brighton College, Caterham School, Eton College, Forest School, Highgate School and UCS Hampstead.
- Staff benefits including Cycle Scheme, Tech Scheme and discounted local gym memberships.
LAE is a diverse and inclusive school, committed to supporting staff and students to be themselves and succeed on merit. We are particularly seeking applications from people that represent the diversity of our community.
How to apply
Please submit a covering letter together with the LAE application form via the TES website no later than 9.00am on Monday 19 April 2021. Interviews will take place on Thursday 22 April with shortlisted candidates invited for a second round on Friday 23 April. The letter of application should be a maximum of two A4 sides (minimum size 11 font) and should demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the Person Specification and Job Description for the post.
Please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Tabassum Ahmed, should you have any questions using her email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo pre-employment screening, including an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.