LAE is proud to offer an education within the state sector, which is reliant on philanthropy, to provide a first-class sixth-form education for young people living in one of the most disadvantaged parts of the UK. We need your help.
Eliminating educational disadvantage and ensuring that all talented young people, irrespective of background, can access the very best higher education institutions is hugely important to this country, from both a social and an economic point of view.
The education and opportunities that we are able to provide to our students are life-changing. Our results are evidence that, with the right resources and support, we can ensure that background need not be a barrier to educational success.
This ‘premium’ education comes at a cost and the funding we receive from the government falls short of the resources needed.
Here are a few reasons why:
- All students enrol on a learning programme of four linear A levels, rather than a three-subject timetable typical in other state schools.
- Extended school days allow students to participate in a rich and varied co-curricular programme alongside their academic lessons.
- A wide range of sports, societies and clubs are on offer, from Japanese lessons to Zumba.
- Each student completes an Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) which enables them to develop research, referencing and critical analysis skills.
- Time is set aside for 1:1 mentoring and for sessions focused on wellbeing.
The support we receive from charitable trusts, corporate partners and individual donors is therefore invaluable.
There are a number of ways that you can support LAE. If you would like further information about supporting LAE, please contact us:
Thank you in advance for your support, which is greatly appreciated.