Enrolment at LAE
The LAE curriculum is academically rigorous and challenging. Accordingly, places will be offered to applicants who are assessed as being most likely to meet our minimum entry requirements and who will benefit from the opportunities offered at LAE. To meet our minimum entry requirements, all applicants must demonstrate that they are likely to:
- achieve at least five 9-7 GCSE grades (A*-A in unreformed subjects)
- achieve a grade 6 or above in both GCSE Mathematics and English Language.
- achieve at least a 9-7 grade in the GCSE subjects they wish to continue to study at A level in Year 12 and meet minimum course requirements
- it is possible to study economics, history, geography, psychology or PRE in Year 12 if the subject was not studied at GCSE;
- it is very unlikely that French, Spanish or Mandarin can be studied in Year 12 if the subject was not studied at GCSE;
- in some cases, a minimum grade in a relevant supporting GCSE subject may be required for an offer-holder to be enrolled for the study of a particular subject at A level