Teacher of Biology
“An inspirational school”
The Good Schools Guide 2019
Teacher of Biology
£28,550 - £40,800, depending on experience
Full time or part time considered
London Academy of Excellence (LAE) is seeking to recruit an inspirational and academically successful biology graduate to teach in this ambitious, selective sixth form. LAE is located in the heart of Stratford, close to the Olympic Park and just two minutes from Stratford Station (zone 2/3), with excellent links to all parts of London.
In 2019, LAE secured outstanding A level results. 93% of grades were A*, A or B and 65% of all grades were A* or A. 200 students progressed to Russell Group universities, including 25 to the universities of Oxford and Cambridge. Our average grade was an A- and our ALPS 1 value-added score places us in the top 1% of schools nationally for progress. We are delighted to have achieved the best A-level results in east London for five consecutive years.
The school is heavily oversubscribed with more than 3800 applications for 250 places this year and was graded ‘outstanding’ in every category by Ofsted in November 2017. The Sunday Time ranked us third in their list of state sixth form colleges in 2018/19 and named us State Sixth Form of the Year in 2015/16.
We seek someone with strong academic qualifications who is passionate and committed to high standards in their subject. A teaching qualification is not necessarily required for this post, but a passion and aptitude for teaching and imparting knowledge is essential. The chosen applicant will be joining one of LAE’s most successful departments, with students in 2019 achieving 95% A*-B / 100* A*-C. 31 students progressed on to medicine, dentistry and veterinary science courses at university.
LAE can offer you:
- the opportunity to teach your subject to the highest standard to many of the most able and inquisitive young people in east London;
- regular, high-quality continuous professional development and support;
- a modern and positive learning environment minutes from the Olympic Park and Stratford Station;
- collaborative working with our world-class partner schools: Brighton College, Caterham School, Eton College, Forest School, Highgate School and UCS Hampstead.
- for NQTs, an excellent support programme, where new teachers are “guided skilfully to develop their practice as part of cohesive and collegiate team” (NPW Quality Assurance report).
How to apply?
Please submit a covering letter of no more than one side of A4 together with the LAE application form to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9.00am on Tuesday, 31 March 2020. Please indicate if you wish to work full time or part time in your letter of application.
LAE will interview as applications are received and reserves the right to appoint ahead of the deadline. The full job description and our application form are available to view and download from our website. For more information, please contact James Kane, Assistant Head on 020 3301 1480 or email email@example.com