SEN/EAL Learning Coach
SEN / EAL Learning Coach
From July/September 2019
Full-time, (40 hours per week) Term Time
Salary up to £25,000 pro rata (up to pro rata £20,693) depending on qualifications, skills and experience
London Academy of Excellence (LAE) is seeking to recruit an proactive and supportive person to help support all of students to achieve their full potential. LAE is an ambitious, academically selective sixth form in the heart of Stratford, close to the Olympic Park and just two minutes from Stratford Station (zone 2/3), with excellent links to all parts of London.
In 2018 LAE secured outstanding A level results. 90% of A level grades were A*, A or B and 60% of all grades were A* or A. 200 students progressed to Russell Group universities, including fifteen to the universities of Oxford and Cambridge. This year 26 students hold offers to study at either Oxford or Cambridge. Our ALPS 1 value added score places us in the top 1% of schools nationally for progress and we are the only provider in Newham with an average grade of an A.
The school is heavily oversubscribed with more than 3000 applications for 250 places each year and was graded ‘outstanding’ in every category by Ofsted in November 2017. The Sunday Time ranked us third in their list of state sixth form colleges in 2018/19 and named us State Sixth Form of the Year in 2015/16.
• To identify and support proactively sixth formers who might benefit from additional learning support (ALS), including those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
• To work closely with the Assistant Head (Academic) and external agencies to provide tailored support in order to maximise the academic outcomes and school experience of all sixth formers in need of additional learning support, including those with SEND.
• To work one-to-one, in small groups, and with classes of sixth formers to support their development of independent learning and revision skills, and thus maximise their academic achievements.
LAE can offer you:
• the opportunity to teach your subject to the highest standard to many of the most able and inquisitive young people in east London;
• a regular high-quality continuous professional development and support;
• a modern and positive learning environment minutes from the Olympic Park and Stratford Station;
• collaborative working with our world-class partner schools: Brighton College, Caterham School, Eton College, Forest School, Highgate School and UCS Hampstead.
How to apply?
Please submit a covering letter of no more than one side of A4 together with the LAE application form by midnight on Thursday, 20th June 2019 to email@example.com.
LAE reserves the right to interview and appoint as applications are received. The full job description and our application form are available to view and download from our website.
For more information, please contact Doreen Agbodo, Business Director at Doreen.Agbodo@lae.ac.uk