London Academy of Excellence (LAE) is seeking to recruit an outstanding individual to join the Senior Leadership Team of this ambitious, selective sixth form. LAE is in an outstanding, heavily oversubscribed school located in the heart of Stratford, close to the Olympic Park and just two minutes from Stratford Station (zone 2/3), with excellent links to all parts of London.
In 2020, LAE again secured outstanding A level results. 96% of grades were A*, A or B and 73% of all grades were A* or A. 200+ students progressed to Russell Group universities, including 33 to the universities of Oxford and Cambridge. Our average grade was an A+ and our ALPS 1 value-added score places us in the top 1% of schools nationally for progress. We are delighted to have achieved the best A-level results in east London for five consecutive years.
We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and self-motivated person manager who will work closely with the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team to contribute to strategic decision making and planning. The successful candidate will line-manage a range of business administration and operational teams across the school, with responsibility for Financial Management, HR, Premises, Administration and Catering. This role requires a dedicated, flexible and organised person who will approach work with a positive attitude, confidentiality and integrity.
LAE can offer you:
- The opportunity to gain experience of working with young people in one of the country’s leading sixth form schools.
- A culture of professional trust and collegiate working that promotes autonomy, innovation, and rigour.
- Access to an outstanding package of regular, high-quality continuous professional development and support.
- A modern and positive learning environment minutes from the Olympic Park and Stratford Station.
- Collaborative working with our world-class partner schools: Brighton College, Caterham School, Eton College, Forest School, Highgate School and UCS Hampstead.
- Cycle Scheme, Tech Scheme and discounted local gym memberships.
LAE is a diverse and inclusive school, committed to supporting staff and students to be themselves and succeed on merit. We are particularly seeking applications from people that represent the diversity of our community.
How to apply
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com. The letter of application should be a maximum of two A4 sides (minimum size 11 font) and should demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the Person Specification and Job Description for the post. Closing Date for applications is no later than 9.00am on 17 May 2021.
Please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Tabassum Ahmed, should you have any questions using her email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo pre-employment screening, including an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.