Contract: Fixed term, October 2021 – June 2022
Hours: 0.2FTE / 1 day per week
Salary: £15 per hour
London Academy of Excellence (LAE) is seeking to recruit an academically successful mathematics tutor to work in this ambitious, selective sixth form. LAE is in an outstanding, heavily oversubscribed school located in the heart of Stratford, close to the Olympic Park and just two minutes from Stratford Station (zone 2/3), with excellent links to all parts of London.
In recent years, LAE has consistently secured outstanding A level results with 96% of grades at A*, A or B and 73% of grades at A* or A. Each year, 200+ students per year progress to Russell Group universities, and more than 200 have taken up places at the universities of Oxford and Cambridge since the school opened in 2012. Our average grade is an A+ and our ALPS 1 value-added score places us in the top 1% of schools nationally for progress. We are delighted to continue to achieve the best A-level results in east London.
The successful candidate will have either an A or A* in A level mathematics and will support the department with the delivery of the A-level curriculum to promote high standards of academic attainment and progression to competitive universities for sixth formers. If selected, you will be leading intervention classes, designing classroom resources, providing support for students and staff, as well as contributing to the marking of assessments and exams.
LAE can offer you:
- The opportunity to gain experience of working with young people in one of the country’s leading sixth form schools.
- A culture of professional trust and collegiate working that promotes autonomy, innovation, and rigour.
- Access to an outstanding package of regular, high-quality continuous professional development and support.
- A modern and positive learning environment minutes from the Olympic Park and Stratford Station.
- Collaborative working with our world-class partner schools: Brighton College, Caterham School, Eton College, Forest School, Highgate School and UCS Hampstead.
- Access to a Cycle Scheme, Tech Scheme, and discounted local gym membership.
LAE is a diverse and inclusive school, committed to supporting staff and students to be themselves and succeed on merit
How to apply?
Please submit a concise supporting statement together with the application form to email@example.com no later than 11.00am on Monday, 18 October 2021.
LAE will interview as applications are received and reserves the right to appoint ahead of the deadline. For more information, please contact James Kane, Assistant Head: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo pre-employment screening, including an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.