Teacher of Psychology
London Academy of Excellence (LAE) is seeking to recruit an experienced Teacher of Psychology to join this ambitious, selective sixth form. LAE is in an Outstanding, heavily oversubscribed school located in the heart of Stratford, close to the Olympic Park and just two minutes from Stratford Station (zone 2/3), with excellent links to all parts of London.
LAE is the top ranked sixth form provider in England to offer a full A level curriculum, according to the Sunday Times Parent Power Survey 2022. The school is particularly proud of its success helping students from disadvantaged backgrounds to gain places at the finest universities in the UK and around the world. Over 1,200 of our alumni have progressed to a Russell Group university and over 120 to Oxford or Cambridge.
Due to the continuing popularity of the subject at LAE, we seek a Teacher of Psychology who shares our passionate commitment to academic standards and to advancing the social mobility of our students. Students are taught the AQA A level specification. Each year, many LAE students progress to study psychology and associated subjects at the country’s leading universities. We welcome applications from people with all levels of teaching experience, including those with no formal teaching qualification. The school would particularly welcome candidates that reflect the diversity of its student community.
LAE can offer you:
- The opportunity to work with highly motivated students in one of the country’s leading sixth form schools.
- An intellectually stimulating working environment characterised by a culture of professional trust and collegiate working that promotes autonomy, innovation, and rigour.
- Access to an outstanding package of regular, high-quality continuous professional development and support.
- A modern and positive learning environment minutes from the Olympic Park and Stratford Station.
- Collaborative working with our world-class partner schools: Brighton College, Caterham School, Eton College, Forest School, Highgate School and UCS Hampstead.
- A package of employee benefits including access to a Cycle Scheme, Tech Scheme, discounted local gym memberships, and an extended eight-week Summer break.
How to apply?
Please submit a concise supporting statement that addresses the demands of the job description and person specification via the TES website no later than 9.00am on Wednesday, 26 January 2022.
LAE reserves the right to appoint ahead of the deadline. For more information, please contact James Kane, Assistant Head by emailing email@example.com.