PA to Headteacher
A to Headteacher and Governance
Full time 37.5 hours a week 8am to 4pm (0.5 hour unpaid lunch)
Salary: GR7/8 £29,617 to £35,053 FTE negotiable dependant on experience.
We are open to applications from those requesting to work on a term time basis or all year round (salary will be pro-rata). Please state your request on your application.
London Academy of Excellence (LAE) is seeking to recruit an PA to Headteacher and Governance. The ideal candidate will be organised, have attention to detail, high standards of administration, excellence minute taker, and experience of working with a Executive board or Governing body.
The post holder will manage the diary and carry out administration tasks for the Headteacher, they will act as clerk for the Governing Body (note all meetings are held during the school day), prepare papers in advance of the meeting. They will also be maintaining records on the LAE Alumni and develop a system of contact with previous students.
The successful candidate will join a thriving and successful sixth form college and should be willing to be part of the LAE whole school experience. LAE is an ambitious, academically selective sixth form in the heart of Stratford, close to the Olympic Park and just two minutes from Stratford Station (zone 3), with excellent links to all parts of London.
LAE is the top-ranked sixth form provider in England to offer a full A level curriculum, according to the Sunday Times Parent Power Survey 2022. The school is particularly proud of its success in helping students from disadvantaged backgrounds to gain places at the finest universities in the UK and around the world. Over 1,200 of our alumni have progressed to Russell Group universities and over 120 to Oxford or Cambridge.
LAE can offer you:
• The opportunity to work with highly motivated students in one of the country’s leading sixth form schools.
• To be part of a staff culture that invests heavily in student achievement.
• An intellectually stimulating working environment characterised by a culture of professional trust and collegiate working that promotes autonomy, innovation, and rigour.
• Access to an outstanding package of regular, high-quality continuous professional development and support.
• A modern and positive learning environment minutes from the Olympic Park and Stratford Station.
• Collaborative working with our world-class partner schools: Brighton College, Caterham School, Eton College, Forest School, Highgate School and UCS Hampstead.
• A package of employee benefits including subsidised lunches and social events; access to a Cycle Scheme, Tech Scheme, and discounted local gym memberships; and longer school holidays, which include an extended eight-week summer break.
• Pay scales in line with nationally recognised frameworks.
The London Academy of Excellence is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to this post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
LAE is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
How to Apply:
Please submit an application form including a concise supporting statement via the TES website no later than 5th Feb 2023 8am. Interviews and tours of the school will be held w/b 5th Feb 2023.
For more information about the post or LAE, please contact HR@lae.ac.uk
LAE reserves the right to close applications ahead of the deadline, and as such early application is advised. Due to the number of applications processed, if you have not received an invitation to interview within two weeks of the application date, please consider your application unsuccessful.