Part-time Teacher of French
Part-time Teacher of French (0.3FTE)
Salary dependent on experience
Fixed term for one academic year
London Academy of Excellence (LAE) is seeking to recruit an inspirational teacher to join a thriving and successful A-level modern foreign languages department. LAE is an ambitious, academically selective sixth form in the heart of Stratford, close to the Olympic Park and just two minutes from Stratford Station (zone 2/3), with excellent links to all parts of London.
In 2018 LAE secured outstanding A level results. 90% of A level grades were A*, A or B and 60% of all grades were A* or A. 200 students progressed to Russell Group universities, including fifteen to the universities of Oxford and Cambridge. This year 26 students hold offers to study at either Oxford or Cambridge. Our ALPS 1 value added score places us in the top 1% of schools nationally for progress and we are the only provider in Newham with an average grade of an A.
The school is heavily oversubscribed with more than 3000 applications for 250 places each year and was graded ‘outstanding’ in every category by Ofsted in November 2017. The Sunday Time ranked us third in their list of state sixth form colleges in 2018/19 and named us State Sixth Form of the Year in 2015/16.
We seek a teacher of French who is committed to high academic standards and able to communicate to young people an enthusiasm for the subject. Excellent subject knowledge is essential for this post although a teacher qualification is not necessarily required. In addition to this post, we are also seeking 0.6FTE of Spanish teaching. An ability to teach both subjects would be desirable.
LAE can offer you:
- the opportunity to teach your subject to the highest standard to many of the most able and inquisitive young people in east London;
- a regular high-quality continuous professional development and support;
- a modern and positive learning environment minutes from the Olympic Park and Stratford Station;
- collaborative working with our world-class partner schools: Brighton College, Caterham School, Eton College, Forest School, Highgate School and UCS Hampstead.
- an excellent NQT support programme, where all new teachers are “guided skilfully to develop their practice as part of cohesive and collegiate team” (Appropriate Body quality assurance report, 2015).
How to apply?
Please submit a covering letter of no more than one side of A4 together with the LAE application form by 9am on Tuesday 14 May 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.